Mission & Responsibilities
The Special Recovery Fund Coordination Service is an independent Public Service subordinate to the Minister of Finance, which was established in October 2020 for the purpose of coordinating the drafting of the National Recovery Plan as well as monitoring the implementation of the programs and projects that will be financed with Fund resources Recovery.
The Recovery and Resilience Facility Coordination Agency (RRFA) is an independent Public Service under the Minister of Finance, established in October 2020. It constitutes the lead national body tasked with the overall coordination and monitoring of the National Recovery and Resilience Plan and serves as the responsible body for the efficient use of the EU recovery funds deriving from the Next Generation EU and its key instrument, the Recovery and Resilience Facility (RRF).
To fulfil its mandate, the Recovery and Resilience Facility Coordination Agency:
- Coordinates the preparation and submission of the National Recovery and Resilience Plan (NRRP), as well as any revisions thereof, to the European Commission.
- Plans and monitors the implementation procedures of NRRP’s measures and projects.
- Coordinates and provides instructions and guidance to the implementing bodies of NRRP’s measures and projects.
- Supports the implementation of the loan support measure.
- Facilitates communication on issues relating to the Recovery & Resilience Facility between all bodies involved in each program and project.
- Coordinates the audits and evaluates the audits‘ results of the NRRP measures and projects.
- Presents to the Minister of Finance and the competent collective government bodies, options to deal with problems that may arise during the implementation of the NRRP measures and projects.
- Prepares and submits to the European Commission the payment requests
- Prepares reports on the implementation of the measures and projects and the achievement of the milestones and objectives, to the Minister of Finance, the competent collective government bodies and the competent bodies of the European Union.
- Coordinates and implements communication and publicity actions for the NRRP measures and projects.